Wednesday, June 3, 2009

4 More Weeks To Go...

We have nearly a whole month to go before Maple is actually really our new puppy.  


I think I might go broke during these next few weeks because I can't stop myself from going into pet shops etc whenever I am out and about and looking at all the puppy gear available.   It is so hard to resist buying everything.

I am trying really hard to limit toy purchases though.   But I did have to get a stuffed duck for Maple since she is a duck retrieving breed.   The duck toy looks like a  mallard, but in a dead rubber chicken sort of body posture, and actually makes a quacking kind of sound when squeezed.   When I showed the duck to the Gromit - our kelpie X shepard dog, he was quite interested in it, and actually went into a partial pointer stance with one leg lifted and bent at the "wrist" while looking intently at the duck.  Perhaps Gromit will enjoy learning some retrieving skils with Maple?  Gromit certainly does love to play fetch,  but is not quite so keen on swimming.

0 comments: